Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Racial stereotypes and the reasonably discreet penis

I don't know what it is about Japanese men.

I haven't actually slept with a Japanese man, but when they pass me in the street I find myself looking twice, following them down the road. It is all racial stereotyping. I assume that their skin will be that fine satin finish, kind of hairless and warm but softly furred like our Freedom Furniature couch that I love to be naked against. I love the young Japanese men with their man-girl features and I always suspect that they are hiding a reasonably discreet penis. Something that would be appropriate for any orifice. Something well-proportioned and polite.

It is a terrible mistake to stereotype someone by their cultural background. They might look at my Slovene family and imagine me harsh and cold in that mid / eastern European kind of way, or Australian girls who are all blond and bounce on the beach in their tiny bikinis.

"He could of course have a huge penis," I explain to my friend who is still shaking his head in disbelief. "He could be enormous. Ridiculously large. I admit it. I have jumped to some racially motivated conclusion."

But I watch the young Japanese man order a beer and slip up onto a bar stool, gorgeous, thin-hipped, girlish, and I can't stop thinking about the size and shape of his penis.

1 comment:

Christopher Currie said...

You should work for the United Nations. You could really do some diplomatic good work for all the countries whose residents, when you touch them, feel like Freedom Furniture couches.