Tuesday, December 23, 2008

admiration

so I am still jealous of his way with words, and his heart which is so much more constant than mine. I read about his love and longing and it is completely free of bitterness. My insecurities betray me. I am a creature of jealousies and erratic passions. I spend much of my life wondering if I can be liked at all. He seems so ploddingly solid on the earth. One foot in front of the next, one story following another and I admire him for it. And I wonder how he can be so good to me when there are a crowd of people hanging on his every word.

2 comments:

Zen Quill said...

I'm really jealous of your way with words...if that makes you feel any better!

And on Avid's recommendations, I'm happily procrastinating and not writing my book because I am reading The Road/Cormac McCarthy. I'm really jealous of his writing too...I think I am just literarily jealous...period.

May you have a Merry Christmas, Krissy

Krissy Kneen said...

maybe literary jealousy is a writer thing. I love Cormac too. I read him to show me how writing can be. I am also a fan of two particular writers who are half my age and I read their work and wish I had been half as good when I was their age...