Wednesday, April 14, 2010

dream sister

I had a terrible nightmare. It was about my sister. I woke struggling to breathe. In the dream the pool was filled with snakes and I was swimming but I saw them and realised and struggled to get out of the water. I was visiting my sister but I spent all the time with these other people. We were about to leave for good and I realised two things. The pool was full of snakes and I would leave my sister there without warning her. She would swim and she might be bitten and she might die and it would be my fault. Also I realised that I was leaving and I hadn't seen my sister much at all. In the dream this realisation made me panic I felt like a weight had landed on my chest and I couldn't breathe. I was trying to three words but it was only a shallow rasping sound. 'My heart hurts. My heart hurts. My heart hurts.'

When I woke I was stillt rying to say these words, trying to wake myself from sleep. Now awake, my lungs hurt like something large has been pushing them flat.

I must see my sister. All the terror of this and the panic that accompanies it is nothing compared to the dream of the snakes and the suffocation.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I understand that kind of fear. All the best!