Thursday, May 15, 2008

And Then he Fell Asleep

...rolled onto his back and fell asleep. Just like that.

"...rolled onto his back and fell asleep."

"What? Just like that?"

"Just like that?"

I shouldn't have said anything, of course. The situation brought my sexual prowess into question and I was quite proud of my prowess. I wrapped the doonah around me tightly and sat at the kitchen table and he settled a cup of tea in front of me. The comfort of steam. I sniffed.

"He was fine when he was on top, it's just when we changed places he just seemed to close his eyes and then that was it."

"Fell asleep..."

"Just like that."

My lover would be shivering in his sleep. There was nothing but a cotton sheet to keep the night away. I huddled into the warm layers of down and held the fragrant cup against my lower lip.

"Am I boring? Do you find me boring?"

He shook his head, "He had too much to drink."

"I'm going to tell him about it in the morning."

"I know you are."

"I'm will."

"I know it."

I sipped. He turned over onto his back and I was on top and I was just finding a rhythm when I looked down and saw that he had fallen asleep.

"Just like that. I can't believe it."

And he tutted like a good friend should and sipped his tea.

No comments: