Tuesday, July 1, 2008

foreskin

Boys my age don't have foreskins.

I didn't know this then but I do now. There is a whole generation of men who wouldn't recognise a penis in it's natural state. Generation Y have them. Generation X don't.

It was strange to see a boy my age with one. Not used to the subtle differences in handling, I treated it much the same as I would have a circumcised one. I grabbed it roughly, pulled an kneaded it and let my teeth scrape against the soft skin of it. I felt him shrink away from my attentions and I took it personally.

When he inched away, I believed it was because my stomach was less than flat, my skin pasty, my hair too tough and wiry, my breasts, overfilled and maybe just a touch too bouncy.

It was of course the sensitivity of the thing, the gentle cradling of that excess of skin, keeping the whole thing safe from chafing, leaving his penis particularly sensitive to the less than patient attentions of his voracious lover.

My experience with foreskins is limited, but it seems that that piece of soft flesh is enough to make the owner sensitive to changes in the weather, little breaths are magnified, a gentle humming whilst felating has an instant and obvious effect, even the barest tickle of the tongue registers to seismic proportions.

I wonder if the simple removal of a foreskin has changed the collective consciousness of a whole generation of Australians. Women who think that their attentions are not energetic enough. Men who, wearing a condom, would sometimes prefer to sit down and have a nice cup of tea.

There needs to be a study.

1 comment:

RD said...

We very definitely need research on the effect of the foreskin on his and her experiences of sex. And I submit that two good countries for such studies are Australia and New Zealand. Australian men born between 1970 and 1990, and New Zealand men born in the 1970s, are a mixed lot. Australian or New Zealand woman with varied sex lives are likely to have biblical knowledge of both varieties. Among Australians over 40, intact means you are an immigrant, or were born to immigrants from southern Europe. A majority of teen Australians are cut, although this may not be true in all classes and neighbourhoods.

I am intact. I suspect that we intacts are more sensitive. This is not necessarily an advantage in youth, but may be an advantage after one's 40th or 50th birthday.

The foreskin is easy to overlook he's erect. The foreskin is largely irrelevant when its under a condom. For us intacts, the handjob is the foreplay of choice. BJ is fine if he rinses off immediately beforehand. When a man is cut, his precum ends up in his underpants. The foreskin preserves and distributes precum in a nice way.

Many English speaking gay men are strong foreskin fetishists. Make of that what you will.

There are American women who post that uncut is more pleasant. A few American women have told me privately that an uncut partner years earlier was the true source of their passion. There are European women have say that cut Americans are less than fully satisfactory in bed. Nevertheless, it remains the case that the jury is still out on whether natural dominates cut for women's pleasure. Research among Australian women of your generation could prove crucial here.