Monday, July 7, 2008

Fortune Cookie #7

These posts are words of wisdom that have got me through life reasonably happy and sexually satisfied. If you want to pass these words of wisdom onto friends or younger members of your family, cut out the sayings one by one, there will be about one fortune cookie each week - and buy a cheap packet of fortune cookies from your local Asian supermarket. Using tweezers, remove the existing naff saying from each cookie and replace it with one of Krissy's words of wisdom. Throw a party. Distribute the cookies. Everybody happy.

Fortune Cookie #7

Choose long term lovers by their taste in novels. I would rather share a bed with someone who loves Cormac McCarthy, Don Dellilo and Gerard Donovan than with someone who shares a fondness for Lindt chocolate and Threadless Tshirts. Threadless might go broke, Lindt might give you diabetes but Blood Merridian will be with us till the grave.

1 comment:

LiteraryMinded said...

Someone described to me the other night on the phone a scene in Italo Calvino's 'If On a Winter's Night a Traveller', which I have also read. This person told me about the scene where the characters make love, and it was as though he, as the reader, was sharing in the experience.
We have shared many literary experiences, and not all of them related to these kind of scenes. Every time he describes a book, the effect of a book, or an author he loves he is more and more under my skin :-)

I have loved all the recent posts Krissy, sometimes it's hard to know what to say. I often want to comment. So I'll just say - I love them and love reading them. Keep it up! :-)
LM