Thursday, October 30, 2008

G is for Gerontophilia

I was at a party the other day and I was surrounded by people my own age or older. Beautiful people. Not the squeaky shiny beautiful young people that I shy away from at parties. These were folk who possessed a certain grace. A calmness that can only come from experience. The lack of this kind of calm is perhaps why I find myself surrounded by young folk. When I am with older people I feel Naive. I feel that they have discovered some secret that has somehow passed me by. I am more comfortable with the scatty inconsistencies of younger people that remind me so much of my self.

Gentrophilia is a passion for sex with people older than ourselves. It has it's roots in our parental relationships, a kind and loving father, a mother who was absent and therefore we are seeking to replace her in our hearts and with our bodies.

I wonder then why most of my friends are in their twenties. What does this say about my own parents. What does this then say about me?

No comments: