Sunday, October 12, 2008

Poetry

You are the kind of boy that girls write poetry for. This must be nice for you. Or maybe it is because you are young and poetry is short and young girls have no time for something larger, and wouldn't know where to start anyway.

Still, there is the poetry and it is read to you or sent to you in little scented envelopes by mail and this must be nice. No one has written a poem for me, or painted me a picture or written me into a novel. I am no one's muse. Once a famous author stole an idea from me and published it and that was flattering in one way, but the novel was less than a success and his sales figures saw him plummet back into relative obscurity.

I will resist the urge to frame you as my muse. You are already muse to so many other women I will feel lost amongst the crowd of them. My work will be generic. All the songs in my computer speak of love for some person or another. The names of girls, the faces, the various parts of them deconstructed. I check my mail box daily but there are only bills and a glossy catalogue for stationary supplies.

2 comments:

Steve Capelin said...

Krissy. What a quiet wall flower you are. Your birthday shouted to Boundary street from the Avid sandwich board. It prompted me to write this - a birthday wish. Hope it was great.
And another thing. Your "Poetry" entry has prompted me to share with you my secret. I have created a blog to encourage me to write regularly and, well, just to see where it goes.
It's a week old and very much a work in progress. www.mymissinglife.blogspot.com Steve

Krissy Kneen said...

Mr Capelin. I never miss an opportunity to flog a book. It is also a great collection of writers and a good micro publisher as well.
I am going to check your blog out now.
x
k